In February 2019, gerardbest.com published an article that Cyber Security is being encouraged on The Turks and Caicos Islands.
- The encouragement was coming from in Mr Bevil Wooding who is a Caribbean Outreach Liaison with the ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers) at an event in Providenciales.
- Mr Wooding Express that “Cybersecurity is a major challenge for computer network operators across the Caribbean”.
- ARIN is expanding its Caribbean outreach program for 2019.
- In 2018, ARIN launched a series of outreach events under the tagline “ARIN in the Caribbean.”
- There will be a TCI ICT roadshow as an introduction to cyber security which will target the local government and businesses. More events will happen which target consumers and students.
Facts about ARIN (https://www.arin.net/about_us/overview.html):
ARIN is a Regional Internet Registry (RIR) incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA. Five RIRs are covering the globe, and each RIR:
- ARIN Provides services related to the technical coordination and management of Internet number resources in its respective service region;
- ARIN Participates in the global Internet community;
- ARIN Facilitates the development of policy decisions made by its members and any other interested Internet citizens;
- ARIN Is a non-profit, membership organization;
- ARIN Is governed by an executive board elected by its membership.