Security+ is an Information Security certification offered by CompTIA.
- Security+ is a popular qualification in many entry-level security job posts online.
- Someone can earn Security+ by passing the exam set by CompTIA.
- The exam is computer-based with exam length is 90 minutes with a pass mark based on a scaled score.
- Exam questions are multiple choice and performance-based.
- Someone can sit the exam at any of the many partnering exam centres around the world.
- The Security+ exam costs US $339 (at the time of this post)
- The exam covers security areas such as Threats, Attacks & Vulnerabilities, Technologies & Tools, Architecture & Design, Identity & Access Management, Risk Management, Cryptography & PKI.
- It is recommended to have experience/knowledge in networking and IT administration with a security focus.
- Security+ can be renewed after three (3) years through CompTIA’s Continuing Education (CE) program by submitting the required CEUs (Continuing Education Units).
- Security+ exam is offered in multiple languages. ie. English, Japanese, Portuguese and Simplified Chinese.
Get more in-depth information on Security+ at CompTIA’s site: